Total is the world’s fourth-largest oil and gas company1 and second-largest solar energy operator with SunPower. With operations in more than 130 countries, we have more than 100,000 employees who are fully committed to better energy. Learn about Total's businesses in just a few minutes with this vibrant, explanatory video built around our baseline “Committed to Better Energy”.
Readily available energy helps to drive progress. In building a responsible energy future, we must ensure that each individual has access to energy and that energy is used in the most efficient way possible.
TOTAL QUARTZ, APPROVED BY F1 CHAMPIONS
When it comes to motorsports, TOTAL has won it all. But more than an outstanding number of victories, competition is the laboratory for TOTAL QUARTZ engine oils.
- TOTAL, a F1 championDid you know that TOTAL won almost half of the F1 titles awarded in the last 26 years? Involved in Formula 1 since 1968, Total counts more than 200 victories in championship. We are also proud of our 27 world titles, with 8 out of 16 during the past 9 years.This simply makes our engine oil Total Quartz one of the most awarded lubricants in Formula 1 recent history.
- A laboratory for automotive lubricantsTotal Motorsport Research & Development team is the sameteam that conceives and engineers Total Quartz lubricants. This means Total Quartz engine oils benefit from the advanced innovations and know-how developed in competition, providing unique advantages to drivers around the world.
Discover more how our Motorsports involvement helps us to develop TOTAL QUARTZ engine oils, the best oils for your car
- Engine protection: protect the engine against wear and corrosion, ensuring longer engine life.
- Fuel efficiency: reduce friction between the moving parts, increasing engine performance and reducing fuel consumption.
- Engine cleanliness: remove impurities to the oil filter, achieving engine cleanliness and preventing it from serious damage.
- Improved performances: seal space between the piston and cylinder optimizing engine performances and efficiency.
- Stabilized temperature: cool the engine, preventing energy loss and engine deterioration.